SmartyPans are perfect for your stovetop favorites, but did you know you can pop them in the oven to bake delicious sweets like skillet cookies and gooey chocolate brownies? We love promoting health and fitness here at SmartyPans, but every once in a while it’s nice to indulge in something sweet, especially with the holidays approaching.
Everyone loves something sweet. You’ll be a major hit at any holiday party this season if you show up with this incredible pizza cookie! Now, it’s not pizza shaped like a cookie. It’s cookie shaped like a pizza! Plus, the topping ideas are endless so you can get creative with presentation.
Here’s a quick recipe to create the chocolate chip cookie of your dreams, complete with a whipped cream topping!
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 sticks butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F
Step 2: Add a tab of butter to your SmartyPans to grease up the bottom. We don’t want any deliciousness to stick!
Step 3: We’ll need the help of a stand or hand mixer. You’ll want to use the paddle attachment. Add your butter, brown sugar, cornstarch, and white sugar. Mix until creamy and smooth.
Step 4: Add your egg and vanilla extract, and continue to mix until velvety smooth.
Step 5: Top the mixture off with chocolate chips and transfer it to your SmartyPans, pouring the mixture slowly, making sure to coat the bottom of the pan, evening it out on the sides so that the cookie lays flat and circular. You can use a spatula to help you even it out on the sides.
Step 6: Bake your pizza cookie in the oven for 22 minutes or until the cookie appears light brown and puffy. Make sure that you track your recipe in SmartyPans and share it with the community!
Step 7: Take your pizza cookie out of the oven, let it stand for 10 minutes, and then get creative! Add sprinkles, M&M’s, crushed Oreos, or whatever topping you can think of. You can also serve with vanilla ice cream and some hot chocolate sauce.
- For a family gathering, create a DIY Sundae Station so that children can create their own topping combos. Set out sprinkles, crushed oreos, cherries, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream for the full effect
- Switch up the recipe by creating a pizza brownie. Record and track in the SmartyPans app to share with our growing community.
- This recipe can be cross-functional. You can decorate it with red and green sprinkles for a Christmas gathering, blue and yellow for Hanukkah, gold and white for New Years, and the list goes on!
Visit our website to experience and learn more about SmartyPans .