Spooky season is nearly over, but pumpkins aren’t going anywhere. We know that pumpkin pie and other sweet gourd dishes are a mainstay through Christmas so don’t chuck those pumpkins into the garbage just yet.
Pumpkin seeds might be just the thing to spruce up your fall dishes. Roast them, salt them, season them, savor them! Here are some ways to use pumpkin seeds that are so good they’re scary. Boo!
Who says pumpkin seeds can’t be a dessert? No one! Did you know that your SmartyPans can be put in the oven? Now you do!
Here’s a delicious recipe for buttery, sweet cinnamon sugar seeds that will make your mouth water.
- Pumpkin Seeds (dried)
- Butter or Coconut Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Okay goblins and ghouls gather your ingredients and get your cauldron ready, because these seeds are going to taste so scrumptious!
- Prepare Your SmartyPans: Take your butter or coconut oil and prime the bottom of your SmartyPans, make sure you are coating the whole bottom and sides to get delicious results. Then, sprinkle some vanilla extract in the pan and Since you’re roasting the seeds, don’t add heat just yet.
- Pre-Heat: Set up your oven at 325 degrees while you prepare your seeds.
- Add Seeds: Grab your leftover pumpkin seeds and add them to the buttery mixture.
- Sprinkle! These sweet seeds wouldn’t be anything without their coating. Grab your cinnamon, brown sugar and sprinkle them on top of the mixture generously. Make sure to grab a wooden spoon and press the mixture together on the bottom of your smartypans to lock in the flavor.
- Bake: Remove the cooking insert from your SmartyPans and pop it in the oven. Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown.